Shabby Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013 Resolution VS. Goal



Resolution-Resolve-fix
Something that is resolved, made a resolution to mend my ways. 

VS.

Goal-target-intention-purpose

The result or achievement toward which effort is directed, aim.

To me one of these sounds like a change that happens quickly versus a change that happens gradually. I don't know about you, but I didn't decide overnight to be a compulsive spender, sale shopper, or a bargain buyer...so I'm pretty sure this is going to be a gradual change for me rather then something that I can just snap my fingers to make go away. Besides, goals are more ongoing and change as you progress. Anytime I have made a resolution to change something and that didn't happen, I felt like a failure. I think goals have a away of keeping failure at a comfortable distance and will give me the room I need to be successful!! 

SO...What's my 2013 GOAL?!?! 
1. To get my life more aligned with how God desires it to be. Its important that I establish time set aside for just me and HIM!

2. A SPENDING DIET-To not spend any money on any NEW Non-necessity things.PERIOD!!(this includes eating out) Necessities can be purchased once they are completely depleted.(EVEN IF ITS THE MOST AMAZING CLEARANCE EVER! Unless its free!) Clothes can be bought only on an absolute needed basis, but not brand new!!(except for underwear, which I'm pretty sure I'm not running out of anytime soon!!) Its time for me to use what I already have!

3. Gifts CANNOT be purchased new!! This is my year to create and get back to being crafty. Besides, handmade gifts take way more thought and heart to generate than a trip to a store. 

4. To enjoy the things we already have and purge, donate or sell the things we don't need.

5. Staying organized....I call it a controlled mess, others call it clutter, my parents call it crap!! Its time to tidy up and set a better example for my daughter, who even at 2 is picking up my bad habits!!

6. To blog about my year. 

7. Live life purposefully and to choose JOY!!

If you don't think this sounds difficult, I can tell you after only 1 week in it has been a white knuckle fight at times to control the urge to want to buy things. This IS hard for me and even in just 10 days I haven't had a perfect track record. I've decided to blog about my journey for a few reasons...I know I need the accountability from my friends and family and also I want to have a record or our year...But bear with me...I'm not a writer. I'm a procrastinator by every definition...yet another reason why I chose goals not resolutions!! So send me encouragement along the way and pray for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment