Shabby Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Organization=Success

I have not read any other blogs, books, magazines, etc. about how to be successful when it comes to being on a spending diet. However, my observation over the course of 2012 is, if I can't see it, can't reach it, forgot about it, hid it, or lost it, I'm buying another ___________!!(fill in the blank!) Its very easy to keep buying more of what you don't need, when you can't see the things you already have. I needed to get my bathroom reorganized and assess what I had accumulated over the past year. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS REALLY IN THERE!!


I wish I had taken a before picture!! Not a pretty site. You couldn't even see the counter because it was covered with stuff!! I use to keep in my tall cabinet, all of my extra overflow of soaps, candles, toiletries, etc. all the way at the top. Even my mom, who originally helped me unpack and get organized when I moved in, thought it was best to keep them up there. Things you don't use should be put out of reach most of the time, but for someone like me, bad idea. Instead I moved all my extra linens to the top, moved the towels down a shelf and now I had space right at eye level to see everything. I can now keep track of what we have and what we need. I think its important in every room to utilize your space effectively so you can be efficient in how you are using things. 


Now everything is sorted and organized. Pretty amazing huh?!?! I didn't spend a dime on the items in those bins. Those were all mailbox freebies or store freebies with coupons! We are set for at least a year!! No shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, lotion, soap, deodorant, wipes, feminine products, or razors...I think that's everything. You'd be surprised how many companies just giveaway free stuff on an ongoing basis!! I LOVE going to the mailbox. There is always something FREE for us waiting in there. So I guess in some areas this spending diet won't be so bad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment