Shabby Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

Vegan VS. Uhhh...NOT!!

So after having tried vegan homemade ice cream on Sunday, I thought my taste buds might not ever be the same. It was pretty FOWL!! I love the idea of being Vegan-ish, and having more of a plant base diet. Cutting out GMO's and TF's and MSG, but some things are better off not messed with...Like REAL Ice Cream!! I love me some Happy California Diary Cows!! MOOoooooooooo! So I was sifting through A LOT of fun blogs, when I came across one about homemade ice cream. After my experience on Sunday, I was definitely on a mission to make my own homemade ice cream, one that I wouldn't throw away or want to spit out. Its soooo EASY!! On Friday's where I live, a group of my neighbors get together for dinner and play time with the kids. I gave it a name...Friday Feast with Friends. It really is a FEAST!! Eli said tonight..."We have more food than people..." I said, "Its time to recruit more friends!" After, grilled chicken, grilled corn, veggie kabobs, chicken sausage, Korean Boul Gogi(BBQ Beef), rice and corn cakes...we roasted marshmallows and got busy making our own vanilla ice cream! Here's the instructions and recipe!!

Homemade Ice Cream
In a sandwich or quart size bag mix:
1/2 teaspoon vanilla(Any flavor extract is fine)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Cup Half & Half or 1 Cup Heavy Cream(We mixed the two...cream makes it richer!)
get out most of the air, zip shut, and mix with fingers to dissolve sugar.

In a gallon size bag add:
Ice cubes half way in the bag
Pour 1/2 cup Ice Cream Salt Rocks over the ice(I found mine at savemart for less than $2)

Put your small bag inside the big bag, zip it shut, and start shaking and moving the ice around the bag with cream in it. In about 5 min you will have yummy ice cream. Shake longer if you want your ice cream stiffer. Then we added fresh Strawberries to our ice cream! YUM-O!!

No comments:

Post a Comment